Monday, May 23, 2011

Work work work

I have been writing my ass off today. Tomorrow is my writing class and I volunteered to workshop a second short story. I didn't get a chance to work on it over the weekend so today has been a major day of work on it. I started working on it at 10am, took an hour and a half break at lunch to eat and brush his Highness, Prince Smudge, and then worked on it again. I think I have averaged 5 hours working on this one story today. And I have loved every minute of it. Well, almost every minute of it. ;-) I still have to finish the current changes I've made, then do a second read through to see if there is any more tweaking I need to do. I'm really liking it so far so I am hoping for a lot of positive feedback.

I already went over all the work we did this past Saturday. Sunday was a little lighter on the work front. We slept in till 8:30am, then Michael made breakfast and we relaxed for a bit. Then we went to have lunch with friends and that lasted till close to 2pm. Then we came home and made sausage balls, since I had some sausage I needed to use up, and I played some Star Trek Online. Then we went over to our friends' house for dinner and to watch two episodes of Game of Thrones.

I love that TV show so much. I knew HBO did good TV, but each week that show just blows me out of the water. It is one of the only shows I can think of where every week, after the uninterrupted hour of show ends, I go "OMG, has it been a hour already?" I literally lose track of time and can not believe that we have already been watching the show for an hour. That is how good it is. I find it rare these days that a show can absorb me to the point where I don't look at my watch to see what time it is ever so often.

I can not wait for the next season of True Blood too.

So yeah, busy busy busy. Thankfully this coming weekend we have no plans. I may try to talk the BF into seeing Pirates of the Caribbean, but we'll see.

And that's that. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Good work writing today! I'm hip deep in mine too. Can't wait to see how they turn out. :)

    ReplyDelete