Wednesday, May 25, 2011

7 AM is Early

Back when I was employed, I normally got up around 7am, sometimes earlier, to get ready for work. Since becoming unemployed I have developed the habit of sleeping in till 8am. Not a big deal. I mean, that's only the difference of an hour right? Well this morning I had to get up at 7am to make it to the Worksource office so I could go to a training. And let me tell you, I missed that extra hour of sleep. I'm sitting here now and I feel tired. I slept fine last night, so I know it is just the fact I had to get up early.

Because 7am is so early.

Last night was a very good night. I had class, which I just love, and I got to present a short story so we could workshop. I got a lot of excellent feedback. I think I'm a bit of an odd duck, because I love getting criticism. I really want to improve and to be a better writer, and getting feedback is one way to do it. So I just can't get enough.

Next week is our last class and I am already sad about it. Hopefully though I will be taking more classes next month and will get started on the program I want to do for my career change.

And so life progresses. We continue to have a shitty spring here in Seattle, with today being in the high 50s and rainy and overcast. Joy. I hope things are better where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment