Friday, May 13, 2011

Sun in the Sky

I feel like today's title is part of a song lyric, but I have no clue what song. I like the phrase though, probably because of the alliteration. I love alliteration. I use it as much as possible. Just something about stringing similar words together just causes such happiness in me.

Today is one of those rare sunny days here. The weather channel says it will get up to 65 today and I believe it. I'm not normally one for sun, which I think I've posted before, but there is just something about a nice sunny day like today that you have to like.

We only have two events left in this week and then we are done. Wahoo! Last night's get together went very well and the apartment looked great. I will freely admit I confined my cleaning to the living room, kitchen, and bathroom and didn't touch the computer room or bedroom. We can just close the door to the last two rooms and nobody has to go in. Lazy of me, since they really needed cleaning too, but I don't care. They will get done eventually.

I haven't done any writing since Tuesday. Horrors! Wednesday I was just too lethargic and yesterday I was too worn out from cleaning. The plan is to do some today, but the sun is trying its best to distract me. *shakes fist at sun*

One last note: I love the Vampire Diaries. I just got done watching a episode and was just blown away. Every episode the writers find some twist, some completely unexpected thing to make happen and I'm left with my mouth gaping open wondering where the hell they are going to go with this. And I love it. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants a good show about vampires and supernatural beings. And who isn't watching True Blood, which is also a great show about the same subject. Vampire Diaries is for the teen crowd though, which means marginally less blood and sex. Just marginally though.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's what you were thinking of, but "Sun in the Sky" is what Jennifer Hudson sings in the Weight Watcher commercials they play all the time. "Sun in the sky you know how I feeeel." That stupid soundbyte is subconsciously catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly what I was thinking of. I realized this a few hours after I wrote the post and I was like "Dammit! It was just a commercial!" It is a very catchy soundbyte.

    ReplyDelete