Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday

Back when I had a job I used to look forward to the weekend. I was so unhappy where I was and one of the only things that made the job bearable was knowing that the weekend was coming.

Now that I am unemployed, Saturday doesn't really feel any different than any of the other days. The magic of the weekend is gone. I no longer wait with baited breath, hoping that tomorrow will be Saturday. In essence, every day has become Saturday for me now.

Well there is one big difference I suppose and that difference would be the BF. During the week I don't see him much because of school. He leaves before I get up and at least two days a week doesn't get home until 10pm, which means he promptly has to go to sleep. On the weekends, however, I see him from the moment I wake up till the moment I go to bed. It can be a bit of an adjustment.

Sidenote: I currently have an orange cat cuddling against my leg, sleeping. I know I shouldn't let him sleep. I know I will pay for it later. But he looks SO CUTE that I can't help myself and I let him sleep. /sigh I am such a soft touch.

Today has been a good day. I won't say that today has been very productive, but neither has it been a complete waste. I did manage to get things done today, but not as much as I probably should have. But some is better than none, and I definitely did get some done.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. Sadly I won't get to spend it with my own mother, but we will be going to the BF's mother's for a late lunch and some hanging out. I may not get to post tomorrow, so if I don't I'll see you tomorrow.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment