Thursday, June 2, 2011

Seattle Art Museum Ho!

That is Ho as in "Onward", not Ho as in "Prostitute."

Today is the first Thursday of the month and that means that the Seattle Art Museum, known after this as the SAM, is free for whoever wants to go. Or at least that is what I have been led to believe. I have never been before, so I can not confirm or deny this statement. I am going to be changing that today.

The plan is to hop on the bus this morning, head downtown, have lunch at Westlake, then make my way to the SAM and browse around. Having never been I have no idea how long I will be there, or even if I will enjoy it, but I want to try. Ever since becoming unemployed I've turned into a homebody. I suppose the tendency was always there, but work forced me out of the house. Now, most days, I have no reason to leave so I just squat here in the apartment. It gets old quick.

Though I have to say that it isn't as simple as that. Staying home means not spending money, and since money is tight that is a very good thing. And I have lots to do at home, from writing to cleaning to playing with the cats to more writing and then let's not forget the multitude of video games I have to play. So it isn't like I sit here just twiddling my thumbs. When your daily world becomes a small two bedroom apartment though, you start to feel cramped.

Getting out will do me good. I could stand to be a little more adventurous and to get around people. The more I sit in the apartment the more I feel like a hermit crab, clutched up tight in my shell never doing anything. I need to change that.

So I'm off for an adventure. Wish me luck and that I shall see something amazing at the museum. I'm sure I shall have lots to talk about tomorrow!

1 comment: