Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Visit

So this time next week my parents will be in town to visit. Eeeeeek!

It is always a little stressful when they visit. My mother is a clean freak and no matter how hard I try, I can never seem to get the apartment clean enough for her. And they always comment on my weight, which I struggle with. I know it is just out of concern, but pointing it out and saying I need to work on it does nothing to help. And then there is the BF issue. This is the first time they've been out for a visit since we moved in together and I'm still not sure my Dad has any clue that the BF is more than just a friend. >.<

All that aside though, I am looking forward to seeing them. The last chance I got was in January and I do enjoy being around them. It has been two or three years since they last visited Seattle so it will be very nice to have them out here for a change. I love travelling, but sometimes it is fun to show off your hometown too. I've been busy coming up with a list of things we can do and places we want to eat. Since I'm out of work still I should get plenty of time to visit with them. And that is a very good things, since I'm not sure when I'll be able to visit them again after this.

So yeah, even though I have a bunch of other things on my plate, this is what I'm focused on now. My parents visiting. There is so much to do, and such little time to do it. I suppose I should start on this cleaning then. Ugh. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment